Residential Network Documentation
Regardless of the size or complexity of your network, an organized reference (Fig. 1) of your network's configuration minimizes errors, aids problem resolution, and provides peace of mind.
Residential network documentation from Endeavor Networks may include:
- A visual representation (topological drawing) of your network, overlayed with relevant configuration parameters.
- Device (e.g.: gateway / router, wireless access point) configuration, and software image backup.
- A reference table correlating device hostnames and / or aliases, with corresponding Media Access Control (MAC) addresses, and Internet Protocol (IP) address reservations.
- ISP (Internet Services Provider) assigned Internet connection parameters.
- A cabling legend which maps cable IDs to corresponding service locations in your home.
- A reference table of device interconnections.
- Other implementation specific parameters.
As a supplement to the network documentation binder, your wall jacks, network cables and power cords may be labelled for easy identification.
Why choose Endeavor Networks Inc.?
Plain language explanations suited to your needs, are an integral part of our documentation, and contribute to your understanding. Our documentation will enable you to establish and maintain a functional awareness of your network's configuration. Your network will become your friend, rather than your foe.